Things My Wife if Better at Than ME 📂
**spoiler alert** the answer is everything, except sports and math.
- •Halloween costumesWe're "Under Pressure" circa 2013. All I did was grow a mustache and slick my hair back, she actually channeled David Bowie! There's other examples, this was just the first pic I found. One year we went on a costume cruise and they almost didn't let me on the boat because my costume showed such little effort (brown corduroy pants, green t shirt, "I'm shaggy from scooby doo"), the only reason they let me on was because I showed up with the prettiest Daphne they'd ever seen.
- •EducationShe graduated in 4 years, with honors, on the Deans list. Her graduation ceremony was at Angels stadium and Obama was the commencement speaker. Two years later she's about to get her Masters degree. I went to several different schools, never sniffed the deans list and I have no idea who spoke at any of those grad ceremonies - it damn sure wasn't at my happiest place on earth, The Big A! *update* she got her masters and started her job with the county and she's already the best person they have!
- •Eating healthy and sticking to her work out program.@thefitphilanthropist on most social media if you're looking for inspiration and/or accountability.
A PUBLIC SERVICE: BOTTOM-LINING THIS WEEK'S US MAGAZINE JUST FOR YOU - ISSUE 09.05.16 👖🐡🌰🚤💡
- •I think if there's one thing we can all agree on it's that we all trust Josh and I see no reason why we should have to explain ourselves.
- •You have to understand. I come from the era of 21 Jump Street Johnny Depp...
- •...so this is incredibly painful for me and, quite possibly, this week's Haunt My Nightmares image.
WHICH CELEBRITY WOULD YOU CHOOSE TO LOOK LIKE?
I am a genie, granting you the wish of looking like any celebrity. 🔮
- •Keri RussellShe's beautiful in a normal way. Also, Waitress.
- •Toby Kebbell circa Black MirrorI'd rock itSuggested by @joemurphy
- •Emily BluntPretty sure she doesn't even need make up.Suggested by @mamie
Having a Glorious Me Day
Hubs is out of town, so I've decided to make it a me day. No people, no chores, just a great big date with myself.
- •7.7 mile hike in the cool of the morning!19,304 steps! I'm a machine! This gif is vv accurate, btw.
- •Finished the audiobook, Brain MakerGood but dryyyyy. Has convinced me that good gut bacteria may be the key to everything.
- •Hung out with Mildred, the cat I'm watching for the weekend.She's finally come around to me after a solid 24 hrs of suspicion.
🍕CHICAGO OR NEW YORK PIZZA? 🍕
Tonight I'm having dinner with my fav Lisa @Lisa_Fav and will witness as she tries her VERY FIRST Chicago pizza!! To commemorate this, let's find out what kind of pizza li.sters prefer. DUN DUN DUNNN
- •I know this is a very tense subject so I will get the ball rolling.Psst I like NY pizza better! 🙈 (I still enjoy Chicago pizza but New York wins it for me!)
- •Chicago style once or twice a year and NY style the rest of the time :)Suggested by @loriatx
- •Chicago.Always.Suggested by @BWN_7
Hunt the good stuff
Inspired by @aminam Sometimes it is challenging to not dwell on the overwhelming worrisome things happening in my life and the anxiety I feel. So 5 Things:
- 1.I do have a decent paying job that I mostly enjoy. (I'm feeling more motivated about this school year.)
- 2.I've still managed to keep on my streak of not having soda or sugary beverages for nearly 2.5 months even with school starting!
- 3.I had a decent amount of Cold Mountain Winter Ale left from last fall (WHY I WAITED IN LINE FOR 2 1/2 HOURS FOR CRAFT BEER) so I was able to enjoy a few last night.(I know beer has sugar too - I've been drinking less of that too...mostly)
I AM SO SORRY!
Today, I FINALLY dealt with an important and critical situation.
- •Got my horribly scary eyebrows sorted! Apologies for scaring the living daylights out of small children, seniors and domestic animals.Before pic, obvs.
- •Much better now!