TRAVEL TIPS FROM A SEMI-PRO
- 1.Make a packing listBest done the night before departure. Use paper and pen - avoid the temptation to write the list on your phone. Cross the items off once packed.
- 2.Buy extra chargers mercilesslyExtra power cubes (I use a fancy Belkin device that's mini power strip plus 2 usb power ports), extra cords, spare portable power packs etc. Don't be tempted to just bring the cord that fits your current phone - bring them all. Mini usb, micro usb, usb 2.0/3.0, lightning - fuck if you still have some of those old iPod cables, bring one too.
- 3.Always get the frequent flier milesEven jf you have to make a new account for an airline you think you'll never fly again - make the damn account. Sign up. They add up.
- 4.Board earlyAccess to overhead bin space is key. On those airlines that board by group number, you can cheat - just smile and say hi to the person scanning boarding passes. At the very least, if you are Boarding Group 3 for example, don't wait in line with all the BG3 losers, line up at the end of the BG2 line - it'll all merge together and no one will be the wiser.
- 5.Wear something comfortable on the planeSee: Nike Tech Fleece. And I don't care how hot you might be in the airport, stick a hoodie in your backpack/carryon.
- 6.Stuff not to forgetZzzQuil, Dramamine, Advil, Chap Stick, headphones, and a decent pair of sunglasses but ones you won't cry about if you break/lose them.
- 7.Stay hydrated