Every Star Trek plot line ever
There are only five. Some shows were ambitious by combining two or more of them, but nothing new beyond the following:
- •TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES:Face it,the Enterprise is a piece of crap constantly breaking down, the defensive equipment can't hold up under attack and it's never as fast as it needs to be to evade baddies. Additionally, all of the nifty, whiz bangy gadgets fail to operate under adverse conditions, like a different atmosphere, radiation or falling out of someone's hand and hitting the ground. Broken stuff keeps most of the shows moving.
- •HOW BAD CAN IT BE. Often assigned to do something specific, with ORDERS, our band of characters finds things not as expected, proceeding with the dictum:how bad can it be if they just winged it.Seriously, they are running around in uniforms, referring to each other with military ranks and never follow orders or mission statements. Can't someone remind them that the last time improvisation was the decision making instrument- things blew up, the fucking ship broke, a bunch of red shirted guys were killed or we got banned from the planet,and/or it blew up.
- •CAPTAIN KIRK (or his surrogates) MUST GET LAID. ...And high jinks ensue.
- •I WILL HAVE MY REVENGEPosturing, pissing contests of overt, poorly managed resentments, and festering grudges described with egregious monologuing. So much grunting,snarling and contorted grumpy face 😡
- •TIME TRAVELThis is what separates the nerds from the super nerds who have too deep a science background, and cite the rules and principles of the Theory of Relativity like they totally get it, and of course this works.