MOST RECENT KNITTING PROJECTS AND THEIR VARIOUS STAGES OF COMPLETION: As inspired by @nantea
Some stuff I'm working on or finished-ish
- •Black sweater (hard to photograph)I've worn it all winter long treating it like a sweatshirt. When it disintegrates from over use I'll gladly make it again with more expensive fiber (the inexpensive wool I used is pilling like mad)
- •Some special features: cable on the entire length of the sleeve, and a saddle shoulder- which I hadn't done before
- •Slip stitched cowl made from cashmere.I finished this last year and dreaded blocking, but it's officially finished. It was too warm a winter to use it. Oh well.
- •Black beret, made with leftovers from my sweater. I've become a little militant on getting rid of remnants.
- •Black lace shawl. Needs an intensive re blocking it should be wider longer and the edge points sharper and better defined.I so don't want to re block because it's a chore and a half will require a couple of hours and hundreds of pins. I hope it will fit on a twin sized bed. (This is the project cited in my list:KNITTING = ADDICTION as an example of things going badly).
- •Kitty socks: making as a gift. I'm now on the clock. 1 sock done, just turned the heel on the second. I've got to block, work in the ends, and sew on whiskers.I had gauge issues and had to tear back on the first sock. It's s a good toe up pattern I'm going to riff on for another pair. Generally not a big fan of socks because after you finish one you're just half done.
- •The beginning of felted slippers: I'm at the part where some minor active thinking is required, I would rather not. ON = on needles I'll get back to it.
- •KITTY 🐱 SOCKS ARE DONE.Dropping into the mail tomorrow.