Things my 5 & 6 year old daughters asked or said watching The Princess Bride for the first time.
Interesting, watching a movie I used to know by heart, with a fresh perspective.
- •"Mommy are they married?"The first time Westley and Buttercup kiss. Answer: no but they are 30. You have to be 30 to kiss.
- •"Whoa, look at the ninja!"When we first lay eyes on Westley wearing a mask as he's climbing up the Cliffs of Insanity. I love that they said this. In the modern day remake he's totally a ninja.
- •"He's not a giant."Andre the Giant is not anywhere as big as the giant baby in that episode of Sophia the First, and my girls know this.
- •"So the poison was in HIS cup?"Said just before Buttercup made the same (and technically incorrect) observation. Quick kid!
- •When Westley died they had no questions. They weren't sure where it was going I guess.
- •We fast forwarded thru the wheelbarrow/cloak 60 men at the gate scene.
- •"I like her dress."Buttercup in her wedding dress, natch.
- •"And they lived happily ever after!!!"Everyone loves a happy ending.