CHICAGO TEACHERS UNION STRIKE 2
2. post school, pre-rally.
- •So, in retrospect I feel silly.
- •Expectations do not equal reality
- •It was just a bunch of goofy teachers dancing and singing in front of the school"We are the teachers! The mighty mighty teachers!"
- •The principal covertly sent us coffee and donuts
- •And we paraded up and down the block chanting"I don't know what I've been told! The board of ed's pockets are lined with gold!"
- •Exactly 5 kids showed up at the school
- •So they were greatly out numbered by administrators, that were required to be there
- •It wasn't scary
- •It didn't feel dangerous
- •It felt fun
- •And I know that I don't believe in everything that the union stands for
- •But being part of something so big that so many people are so passionate about gives you a really good familial feeling
- •And that alone is worth chanting for.