MY LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH MY 4TH FLOOR WALK UP
- •Pro- ballin city viewI cannot get enough of it
- •Con- carrying groceriesOne would think it would get easier, a year in. It doesn't. I just keep convincing myself it counts as cardio. It really made me question my dedication to carving pumpkins
- •Pro- working fireplaceIn the middle of the Chicago winter, cozying up to read or work in front of a warm happy fire is amazing- although questionably safe.
- •Con- the murder pitFour windows in my apartment look into what is best described as a murder pit. It's a dimly lit, rusting, large, open, sheet metal shaft. It has some sort of clear-ish roof and goes to the basement. Also has like wires and drain pipes and stuff. Oddly tends to be the first thing I show off in the apartment.
- •Pro- no upstairs neighborsI hate hearing people walking above me so much
- •Con- laundryIt's in the basement. So carrying a heavy laundry basket up and down 5 flights of stairs, outside, to pay to do laundry in a terrifying basement inhabited by dead rats.
- •Pro- the neighborhoodSafe, easy access to all public transportation and the highways, centrally located so it doesn't take too long, and I'm across the street from a park
- •Con- the equally as murdery stairsThere are 1,000 of them and they're all dingy.