THE WORST PARTS OF TEACHING
I teach in a low income public school on the south side, parts of it suck.
- •Punishing kids
- •Teacher drama
- •Feeling helpless
- •The crushing weight of what happens to them after 2:45
- •Is he just a kid who plays rough or is he being abused?
- •Knowing the moments you give to yourself are moments you take away from them
- •Not being able to communicate how it important it is that they try and try hard
- •Staying on top of the work load
- •Finding the sweet spot of challenging a kid but making it accessible
- •Other teachers who don't care. They're damaging kids who already have a tough road ahead of them.
- •The fact that every single minute is crucially important. This is conversely, the best part about teaching as well.