THINGS I COOKED IN MARCH
I love to cook and always take pictures, but feel like I'm irritating on Instagram with them. So HERE YA GO
- •Cabbage soupMiso ginger broth with cabbage and ramen. Topped with green onion, sesame seeds, and red pepper
- •Eggs divorciadoSo this started as a hash with potatoes, tomatoes and onion, which I divided with a river of seasoned refried beans then poached an egg in homemade red salsa on one side and green salsa on the other. This was sopped up with charred tortillas.
- •Warm cabbage salad with Brussels sprouts and broccoliChopped green and red cabbage, grated carrot, and shredded kale for the base salad. Roasted broccoli and brussel sprouts. A dressing of tahini, olive oil, lemon, mustard, and a little shredded parmesan. Topped with toasted sesame seeds.
- •3 pita's and a hashPita 1: olive oil and za'atar. Pita 2: balsamic mushrooms and shredded Swiss. Pita 3: burst tomatoes with a hard fried egg. The hash consisted of red potatoes, brussel sprouts, garlic and onions cooked in honey and cayenne.
- •Cinnamon coffee smoothieThis was cold brew coffee blended with a frozen banana, a dash of vanilla, pecans, and cinnamon.
- •ShakshukaI would make shakshuka every day if I could. Chopped eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, and jalapeño cooked down with stewed tomatoes, onions, and garlic. Seasoned with salt and pepper, za'atar, and paprika. Cracked in the eggs and topped with feta and parsley.
- •Herby artichokesArtichokes cooked with rosemary, sage, garlic, preserved and fresh lemon. Seasoned with maras and bay leaves. Bathed in white wine and vegetable stock.
- •GoudaWe made a cheese!! It said Gouda, tastes kinda like standard farm house cheese.
- •Kale toastOKAY I MADE THIS TODAY WHICH IS APRIL BUT IM EXCITED. I've never poached eggs like this before and it worked so well! It's a toast with brown mustard and avocado spread, then kale cooked with garlic salt and cayenne. Then I poached the egg and cracked some pepper over it.