Things I cooked in May
This is the only social media thing I've ever kept up with. 3rd month in a row
- •Chickpea okra saladIt got slimey rullllll fast. But it was good. Tomato, green onion, chick peas, garlic, okra, and raw zucchini.
- •Coconut chia puddingFt. An elementary school plastic spoon. Just coconut milk and chia seeds over night. Then I mixed in honey and cinnamon and added a few blackberries
- •Wine tasting nightThis does not count as cooking but I did cut up 7 different kinds of cheese. We did a scratch and sniff wine guide.
- •BreffestRun of the mill veggie scramble. Kale, tomato, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, eggs and cheddar.
- •Tatum beansHungover Sunday morning. My girl makes the best refried beans. I wish I could tell you the spice blend but it's a secret she guards very closely. I know it has garlic and cayenne and vinegar and shredded cheese involved.
- •Zucchini veggie burgers + lemon basil aioliBlack beans, zucchini, chipotle cayenne, egg, mushrooms. In patty form. They were too mushy though. The aioli is mayo, lemon juice, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper
- •Artichoke nightI boiled the artichokes this time and they were excellent. I boiled them for about 15 min with fresh basil, garlic cloves, fresh lemon juice, preserved lemon, salt and pepper. That's a lemon garlic butter sauce in the background too
- •Veg tacosCrumbled vegetarian chorizo, sliced mushrooms sautéed with garlic, jalapeños and cayenne. Topped with kale massaged with olive oil, chipotle cayenne and canned chipotle chili liquid. Threw in a few heirloom tomatoes, onions, and cheese.