"The City," an La-inspired Poem by Gabriela, Age 13
Find it in our recently-published chapbook, "One Day Seen as Equals"!
- •The crowded streets and honking of cars and trucks restless as ever.
- •The smell of caffeine and looks of tired faces.
- •The pushing and shoving on the streets and businessmen in suits.
- •The girls with their hair dyed blonde and chokers on their necks.
- •The people on the streets not sparing a glance.
- •The artists and singers with clicks and squeals following them at every turn.
- •The sirens breaking through the traffic jam and speeding cars a-running.
- •The cigarette smoke wavering through the crowds.
- •The polluting smoke being inserted in our lungs.
- •The smiling faces of a new life.
- •The smiling faces on a billboard with prices you won't believe!
- •The towering skyscrapers with busy people and towers, towers of never ending paperwork.
- •The technology advancement so high, as expensive as houses.
- •The robbers stealing everything that comes in sight.
- •The bookstores filled with college students buying new books.
- •Museums crowded with wondering eyes from younger kids.
- •This, in case you haven't noticed, is LA.