Wet Weather for the Week Ahead in Atlanta
Waves of rain will continue through Monday before drier weather moves in during the middle of the week. Here's a day by day look at the wet week ahead.
- •SundayThe flood watch has been issued for parts of north, east and central Georgia, including metro Atlanta, and will be in effect from 7 p.m. Sunday through Monday evening.
- •MondayA front will come through overnight and early Monday that could make things messy for the first commute since the Daylight Saving Time change. Unstable air could mean some thunderstorms are mixed in with the showers. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/atlanta-weather-continued-rain-could-mean-messy-mo/npDRj/
- •TuesdayRain chances Tuesday and Wednesday are expected to drop to 20 percent and 10 percent respectively, with highs getting into the lower 70s and lows in the upper 50s.
- •WednesdayA flood warning until Wednesday afternoon remains in effect for Big Creek in northern Fulton County and Forsyth County.
- •ThursdayThings look much better Thursday, with clearer skies and temperatures reaching the mid-70s, said Channel 2 Action News meteorologist Brian Monahan.