HOW I MET MY HUSBAND
aka My Favorite Story Ever
- •In 2000, during my first semester in college, I took an archaeology class.
- •There was a cute red-haired boy in my class.
- •I wanted to get his attention, so I started listening to a band that I knew he liked.
- •Yadda, yadda, yadda, I found him online and we started chatting on AIM.This was during the pre-social media days, people. I found him online with only his first name and the knowledge that he liked one particular band. Please note, for this reason I feel that I was one of the pioneers of Facebook stalking.
- •He sent me some songs from a different band.
- •I went to see that band play a show.
- •At the show, I took some photos with a disposable camera.Remember when people didn't have camera phones?
- •I got the photos developed and posted them on the band's message board.Jeebus, this story is so dated 😳
- •I got an e-mail from a guy who saw himself in my photos.
- •He and I started e-mailing and chatting on AIM.What's texting?
- •Yadda, yadda, yadda... 14 years later, the guy from my photos and I are married with two kids.The red haired guy and I never even became friends. But I thank him eternally for facilitating this.