Already on li.st? Open in app.
Luckily they're always on TBS somewhere
- •Mean GirlsStop trying to make fetch happen, it's not going to happen.
- •Sleepless in SeattleShe's a ho! My dad's been captured by a ho!
- •Father of the Bride (Steve Martin version)Armani does not make a blue tuxedo.
As a health care professional and aficionado of themed playlists, I've cultivated quite a weird list of songs/song titles that are medically themed (some very loosely). Of course I could make lists about popular body parts like the heart or hands but I'm going to stick to the more obscure for now.
- 1.Shake the Disease by Depeche ModeExtra points for this song for talking about body parts, too.
- 2.Tongue Tied by GrouploveOr Ankyloglossia, if you want to get technical. Aqualung's song is great, too.
- 3.Take Me to the Hospital by the FaintThis is also on my songs with words spelled out in them playlist.
Nashville may be known as Music City, but I think it's a contender to be Coffee City, too--move over Seattle. I miss living there and I especially miss these coffee spots.
- 1.CremaOriginal or Pinewood Social outpost. Their Cuban is phenomenal, and it's just enough hipster that you feel in the know, but not so much so that you feel tragically uncool. Plus Cronuts!
- 2.Barista ParlorThese hipsters take pride in their brews. It's all about the craft here and it shows in both the time spent and end product---totally worth the wait...and you will wait especially on a busy weekend morning. This is a place where you sit back and relax, enjoy the scenery/people watching and partake in one of the damn delicious sausage peach jam biscuits.
- 3.Edgehill CafeA neighborhood favorite of mine, just down the street from Vanderbilt, this place has some of the best tasting lattes around. Add to it a more than decent brunch menu and lots of seating for studying and you have the makings of a great coffee spot.
I would pay to watch the man burn toast, but luckily I can watch him be aw-shucksy in these enjoyable, essential Rudd roles instead.
- 1.Peter Klaven, I Love You, ManA Segel/Rudd brom-com. He is the perfect unassuming nice realtor who doesn’t have any male friends because he thrusts himself entirely into every romantic relationship, and he just gets along better with women. So basically, Peter Klaven and I are exact opposites. He's so believable, though! Enter slovenly Sydney Fife, an investor, question mark, who fills the role of Peter’s friend/eventual Best Man, with some pitfalls and a Rush concert in between. Slappin’ the Bass. So. Fucking. Charming.
- 2.Pete, Knocked Up and This is 40He is great as a sarcastic, stuck-in-the-suburbs Dad still holding onto his youth, who has to sneak out of the house and hide his man-time-away-from-the-family fantasy baseball league from his wife, Leslie Mann. I imagine this is really what being married in your late thirties is like for most people. He somehow makes it look absolutely charming, even when he's playing bejeweled on the John.
- 3.Brian Fantana, Anchorman & Anchorman 2Sex Panther. 60% of the time, it works every time. Although on the ridiculous end of the Rudd role spectrum (range is ridiculous to swoon worthy earnest), still endearing in a very strange way.
Take a time out for a little Zack Attack
- 1.Jessie's SongI'm pretty sure this is everyone's favorite or at least it's the most memorable episode. Jessie gets addicted to caffeine pills and over acted drama ensues. Screech dresses up like a janitor named Sinead O'Conner to record the girls. We were introduced to Hot Sundae, and their workout spandexified video for Go For It! Put your mind to it, go for it, you're gonna break a sweat. Rock n Roll you ain't seen nothing yet! It was better than anything Zack Attack put out.
- 2.Wicked Stepbrother, Part 1There is a lot to this two parter. Zack pretends he's Jewish to get out of school and go to the Dodgers game. Slater is hired to install a CD player into Mrs. Belding's new Miata. Jessie's mother gets married and she inherits the step-brother from Hell, Eric. Eric is from New York, and you can tell this because he's got greasy hair and a devil may care attitude. Slater and Zack try to catch him in the act of driving Mrs. Belding's car. Unfortch, Lisa ends up crashing it and they are effed.
- 3.No Hope with DopeIn one word, would I do dope? Nope. That quote pretty much sums up my life. Thanks, Zack Morris and the late Brandon Tartikoff, for teaching me that drugs are bad. This ep was one big PSA. Also, it taught me that people in Hollywood are douchers, see true 90s asshole line, "I don't need this aggravation!"
- •Kansas City RoyalsAnd I attribute their recent success to Lorde. Take the crown!
- •Green Bay PackersAs a child I was infatuated with Brett Fav-re. As an adult I have the same fascination with Aaron Rodgers. #GoPackGo
- •USC TrojansThere's always next year... #fighton
With my first list, I bring you wonderful Amys (not including myself).
- 1.Amy PoehlerI want to be a smart girl just like Amy Poehler. She made a Knope into a yes and turned that yes into a yes, please. Really? Yeah, really.
- 2.Amy SchumerFar from being just a train wreck, she's pointedly grabbed the world by the balls with her redefining brand of comedy (see last fuckable day).
- 3.Amy AdamsAs versatile an actress as they come, Amy Adams can be a charming princess, a charming nun, a charming human in a muppet world, and a charming girl who just wants to marry Adam Scott, just like Amy Poehler...sensing a theme here.