"Bad" movies I really enjoy
These movies seem to be widely know as lousy films, or are somehow criticized more than most, or maybe just weren't given the chance to begin with... regardless, I can't help but REALLY liking a few of these poorly received flicks:
- 1.Prometheus"This tale of an interstellar search asks cosmic questions about the meaning of life, but comes up with lame answers in a script that screams attention-deficit disorder." - Wall Street Journal
- 2.Ghost in the Shell"The beguiling Ghost in the Shell is more replicant than remake" - AV Club
- 3.300: Rise of an Empire"For anyone looking for a sense of script (forget plausibility), Empire is a Trojan horse." - USA Today
- 4.Passengers"The spectacle feels lifeless and what could have been a challenging moral provocation dissolves into sappy, feel-good pandering" - Rolling Stone
- 5.Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III mean... maybe it's partially nostalgia, but the formula is already perfection: ninjas, mutants, skateboards, pizza, also, Jim Henson, Vanilla Ice, and April O'Neil <3
- 6.Star Wars Episode 1-3 (prequel trilogy)Though it's success is no doubt not in question - the prequel trilogy had no chance of coming close to delivering on the high hopes of nostalgic expectations set by the original trilogy and held dear by the most purist of die-hard Star Wars fans. And it's true, the original trilogy will always be far superior, but the prequels were FUN.
- 7.SuckerPunchRotten Tomatoes, Tomatometer: 23%
- 8.Batman v SupermanBvS had an epic box-office drop in its second week, with more than an 80% decline from its first week in theaters, that was one of the biggest Friday-to-Friday drops any blockbuster has ever seen.
- 9.The Shallows"A fitfully entertaining mix of offscreen gore and Maxim-esque T&A." - A.V. Club (Agreed!)