Memorable Quotes From Forrest Gump
I watched this film for the first time ever recently. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. My stomach ached and I was wheezing. I loved it.
- 1.Drill Sergeant: "Gump! What's your sole purpose in this army?" • Forrest Gump: To do whatever you tell me, drill sergeant! • Drill Sergeant: "God damn it, Gump! You're a god damn genius! This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn I.Q. of 160. You are goddamn gifted, Private Gump."
- 2.Bubba: "Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it. Dey's shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp & potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich.......That- that's about it."
- 3.Forrest: "Stupid is as stupid does"
- 4.Jenny: "Run, Forrest! Run!"
- 5.Mrs. Gump: "Life's like a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get."
- 6.Forrest: "My name's Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump."
- 7.President JFK: "Congratulations, how do you feel?"Forrest: "I gotta pee."
- 8._________________________________________________Bumper Sticker Guy: [running after Forrest] "Hey man! Hey listen, I was wondering if you might help me. 'Cause I'm in the bumper sticker business and I've been trying to think of a good slogan, and since you've been such a big inspiration to the people around here I thought you might be able to help me jump into - WOAH! Man, you just ran through a big pile of dog shit!" • Forrest Gump: "It happens." • Bumper Sticker guy: "What, shit?" • Forrest Gump: "Sometimes."
- 9.Forrest Gump: "That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So I ran to the end of the road. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. And when I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbow County. And I figured, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama.And that's what I did. I ran clear across Alabama. For no particular reason I just kept on going. I ran clear to the ocean. And when I got there, I figured, since I'd gone this far, I might as well just turn back, keep right on going."
- 10.Forrest: "And that's all I have to say about that."