A LIST ASKING FOR YOUR HELP
One of my oldest & dearest friends is living a parent's worst nightmare. Both of her young daughters have been diagnosed with a rare neurodegenerative disease called Batten. We are starting an aggressive fundraising/awareness campaign today to accelerate badly needed research. If you are so inclined to share this info with others, we would love it!
- •Meet Charlotte and Gwenyth Gray. Their lives are about to change in ways that it is almost too hard to think about.My heart breaks every time I look at these sweet faces now that I've learned what the next years of their little lives could bring.
- •Here's a link to a video that will give you more insight into Batten disease, the Gray girls, and why we need to raise a lot of money very quickly: http://bit.ly/1KiYUr1Batten's robs children of their motor skills, eventually their sight, their ability to talk, walk, and feed themselves. It is fatal and there is no cure right now.
- •This is a website set up for the Charlotte & Gwenyth Gray Foundation to help fund research and raise awareness to battle this horrible disease: http://bit.ly/1KVlBTd
- •We are challenging people today to just give ONE dollar and share across their social channels: http://bit.ly/cure4battenWe have lots of great people on board challenging followers to donate a dollar. Let me know if you'd like to get involved. I can even provide sample posts.
- •I cannot believe this is happening to my friend. It's unreal and devastating on a level my brain can barely handle.
- •But we are jumping into action because that is the one thing we can do. Along with offering love and support.
- •If you're a person who prays, please say one for Charlotte and Gwenyth and Kristen and Gordon.
- •If you'd like to take the challenge, donate, and post about it THANK YOU!Every bit counts as we're trying to make a big, fast splash to get instant awareness around Batten disease.
- •Need more info? Let me know and we can talk offline. And check out this story that just hit Deadline: http://bit.ly/1JGU71WThere is already some crazy awesome support from the entertainment and sports industries that will show up in some of your social feeds today courtesy of Facebook & The Rock, Rihanna, Jen Garner, and Andrew Luck to name a few. The more the better, whatever industry you're in!
- •Special thanks to @sally for helping me try to quickly educate myself on Batten over the past few days!
- •Thanks for reading! This community is the best ❤️❤️❤️ Let's #CureBatten!