A SAMPLING OF MY FICTIONAL BOYFRIENDS
It's a real wonder I like them on the emotionally unavailable side IRL
- •Adam KendallOne of my first crushes (aside from Joe Montana) was Mary Ingalls' blind school teacher turned husband on Little House. I was obsessed with him...and pretending I was blind.
- •Dylan McKayDaddy issues + you live in a hotel = I AM ALL IN. Plus, he could rock a baja like nobody's biz.
- •Troy DyerMy '90s dreamboat quip machine. "Did he dazzle you with his extensive knowledge of mineral water, or was it his in-depth analysis of Marky Mark that finally reeled you in?"
- •Ben CovingtonNoel was just too nice for me. Though I recognize that many of my Team Noel friends have a much better relationship track record than I do. I have legit discussed this with my therapist. (Also, the world needs a new Speedman project.)
- •Doug RossA commitment phobic pediatric doctor with that signature Clooney twinkle in the eye? Swoon. I would have waited for him too, Carol.
- •Edward CullenI love YA fiction. I read it often. And yes I tore through those Mormon vampire books. I'm a sucker for a broody teen vampire. Werewolves are gross.
- •GaleI'm a Gale purist, as I picked him from the books AND the Hunger Games movies (a more obvious choice over wee Peeta).
- •Logan EchollsAgain with the daddy issues and the quick wit. I get it, Veronica Mars. How do you not fall for this guy?!? "I thought our story was epic, you know, you and me. Spanning years and continents. Lives ruined, bloodshed. EPIC. But summer's almost here and we won't see each other at all. And then you leave town...and then it's over."
- •Tim RigginsJESUS, how did I leave off my broodiest love? Luckily @grapefriend called me on it. I want to live on that big piece of land with you Rig. #TexasForever