GRAMMATICAL PET PEEVES
- •Not using the Oxford comma
- •Mistaking possessive for pluralApostrophes don't make words plural! This is a huge problem during holiday card season. Merry Christmas from the Gardners...not the Gardner's.
- •It's whoa not woahSpelling not grammar, but it makes me MENTAL.
- •Obvs any sort of there/their/they're and the like mistake
- •People who don't understand the beauty of colons, semicolons, and em-dashes.
- •An its/it's mistake is its own special hell
- •Overuse of adjectives.Most of the time you just need the one word. Someone should EL James this...but she probably won't listen as she counts her $100 million. Barf.
- •The misuse of "literally"Suggested by @ChrisK
- •Unique instead of unusualSuggested by @jennienina