MORNING PHONE ROUTINE
@bjnovak started it
- •TextsThe last thing I put away is my laptop...and now I get my texts on there too. But it's still my first look. I keep my phone on the kitchen counter, on my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night I will check it. Mostly because I have some PTSD from the night I got a random call from my dad that my mom died. Sad, but true.
- •Work emailCan't not check it as soon as my eyes are open, even if my glasses aren't on my face.
- •GmailSame as the above but mostly it's a bunch of newsletters. Now that I'm trying to work out early, even some of those aren't there yet
- •Like @bjnovak I check my @replies first. Then a brief check of anything major I missed.
- •Did I just show my age? Check any notifications first pass. I'll come back to this app way later in the morn.
- •WeatherA girl's gotta know how to dress
- •Again, likes and comments first because I'm selfish that way. Then a brief scroll down to make sure I'm up to speed on the west coast's nighttime shizz
- •Back to email to read the newsletters I care about and click on stories therein
- •SlackWhile I'm walking to the subway to check on work stuff...but usually after I've looked at all of the above again (minus weather)
- •Podcast appTo see if anything new needs to be downloaded on my way to work.
- •iTunes15 to work with tunes while I read emails that I saw earlier but need to read again and start to answer