THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THE MIDWEST IN THE SUMMERTIME
I'm home in Indy for a long weekend and it's heavenly
- •ThunderstormsSummer storms are so comforting to me. I feel this way about pre-tornado weather too.
- •HumidityMy hair hates it but I don't mind it so much here vs in NYC
- •Walking into the freezing cold houseBecause there is such a thing as too much time in the thick heat
- •Lake daysWe all grew up going to lake houses and water skiing all summer long. I miss this desperately living out east.
- •Cocktails on my dad's screened in porchThis is what I'm doing right now and I'm blissfully content
- •Grilling out#everything
- •Fireflies ✨✨✨✨✨My mom was from Indiana, and we used to spend weeks there each summer. Fireflies and thunderstorms on the St. Joseph River were my everything.Suggested by @lilydiamond
- •Crickets at nightA perfect evening soundtrack.Suggested by @abbyzeecee