THINGS I SAY/THINK THAT MAKE ME FEEL OLD
Closing in on 40 in October...shit is getting real.
- •Six of one, half dozen the otherI actually first said this years ago and realized I WAS my mom. Now that she's gone, I'm cooler with it. But still old.
- •So what do you know about the '90s?To my interns while talking to them about the evolution of content and magazines/publishing/digital. One of them was born in '96 and I almost wept.
- •I don't want to know how old you were when "Titanic" came out.This comes up surprisingly often.
- •So when I was in college we didn't have cell phones...or digital cameras.Old, but really happy about this.
- •How early is too early to complain to my doorman about the party on my floor?
- •One of my friends from home has a kid starting high school this fall. What in the ever loving f*ck?
- •I am quite literally in the middle of aging.
- •Jesus I have a lot of doctors' appointments.