ANIMALS I SAW IN NEW JERSEY TODAY
I drive from Queens to NJ every weekend for my riding lessons. Today was a fauna-heavy trip.
- •Deer, 3. Bounding across the street right in front of my car.
- •Dogs, 2. One wiener dog in a dubious sweater. One basset-shepherd mix (?) named Max.
- •Horses. (Obvs.) This is Ben!
- •Vultures, 1 flock. Or maybe they were wild turkeys? But they were all black. Fun fact: a flock of vultures in the sky is called a "kettle."
- •Cat, 1. Doesn't really count bc he lives with me. Greeted my return by horking a hairball up in the middle of the living room. Say hello, Ty.