THINGS I AM DOING INSTEAD OF FINISHING THIS REVISION LETTER.
The hardest part of editing a manuscript is turning my inscrutable but clearly genius notes into understandable prose that doesn't make my author want to kill me.
- •Installing Periscope on my phone.
- •Checking to see how many people have liked the Instagram photo of my dinner.
- •Wondering if the fact that my Instagram photo was blurry means I need my eyes checked, or if I'm just a shitty photographer.
- •Watching a new Key & Peele ep because they are a precious commodity now.
- •Spending "quality time" with husband (which in this case means telling him how I have to write a revision letter while he tries to watch King Kong for the 37th time).
- •Debating increasing font size on my iPhone (it IS my eyes!) but persuaded not to by vanity.
- •Getting a seltzer because it's important to stay hydrated.
- •Getting a mini coffee cake because it's important to eat cake.
- •Seeing that it's 11:45, determine to put in 15 good minutes before @midnight.
- •Giving up and emailing it to my office to finish on the morning.