THINGS I LEARNED AT THE BURLINGAME PEZ MUSEUM
When you find yourself in Burlingame with only an hour before you have to return the rental car, almost anything can be a tourist attraction...
- •The first Pez were made in Austria and looked like cigarette lighters.
- •The bride and groom set is one of the rarest--only 5 still in existence.
- •There have been...a LOT of Pez dispensers.
- •The name comes from an abbreviation for peppermint in German.
- •The curator's favorite dispenser is the astronaut.
- •The Pez Museum shares space with the Classic Toy and Bad Toy Museums (how could we not visit?). Here are a set of Clackers, which would shatter if you banged them together too hard.
- •The original Mr. Potato Head used an actual potato, and he had friends made of other vegetables.
- •There is a Darth Vader potato head. Yes, he's called Darth Tater.
- •The deadliest toy in the museum (with the possible exception of lawn darts) is this chemistry set. Learn about atomic energy with REAL radioactive samples!
- •The entire museum (including guided tour) can be enjoyed in 35 minutes. Plan your trip today!