Thoughts That Go Through My Head When I'm Trying to Get to Sleep at Night but Cannot 💬
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •Oh look the moon! Is that a full or almost a full moon? What is an almost full moon called? Let me look that up. Reaches for phone.
- •How long does it take to enter REM sleep? Hmm...let me look that up too. Reaches for phone.
- •Looks at clock. If I fall asleep right now, I'll still have an adequate amount of time to be well rested.
- •Closes eyes. How long does the average snail live. Hmm...let me look that up. Reaches for phone.
- •If I read some of my book, that'll help! Reaches for Stephen King novel.
- •Bad idea, now I really can't sleep!
- •I wonder if Stephen King sleeps soundly at night? Let me look that up! Reaches for phone.
- •Scratch scamper scratch. *sounds of Penelope my nocturnal hedgehog up and about*. Hmm, this would be a good time to bond with Penelope. Gets up.
- •An hour later. That was fun. If only I were nocturnal, I wouldn't be having this issue right now.
- •Looks around room. Hmm, it's about time to refurnish my mantelpiece. Not tonight...not tonight! Damnit.
- •Oh, my cactus is dry. Should I water it now? No no no, wait till morning. Yesss, wait till morning. (Gollum accent emerges). Yesss, precious precious morning. (Vigorously rubs hands together)
- •Did I drink enough water today? My mouth feels parched. Dr. OZ said to pinch your skin, if it doesn't bounce back immediately, you are dehydrated. Oh, I don't think that bounced back fast enough!!!
- •Walks downstairs to fetch some water. Trips over the cat. Cat laughs because my night vision isn't as good as hers.
- •Opens fridge door, sees carrots in crisper. Those should be good for night vision. Watermelon too right? I should look that up.
- •Stumbles back upstairs, drinks water. Reaches for phone.
- •Opens The List App. Let's write a list!
- •Falls asleep.