Already on li.st? Open in app.
My work today dictated me finding a more creative description than "pack of rats." Writing is fun every once in a while.
The whole "left brain" versus "right brain" school of thought has proven to be scientifically incorrect. However, there is real evidence which suggests that a person gets a "eureka moment" during a hot shower. Here's why...
- •A hot shower is referred to as an "incubation" period according to psychologists.
- •Most people receive their best ideas during incubation.
- •Dopamine is released during this period. More dopamine=more creativity.
I've managed to make a living as a writer for the last seven years. I've written cover stories about Kobe Bryant and written copy about sweatshirts. Here is what you need to know.
- •Writing is rewriting
- •Writing IS rewr
I've got the credit card debt of a 32 year old and the culinary sensibilities of a child.
- •Cheddar goldfish
- •Kraft macaroni and cheese
Down the rabbit hole we go...
- •Teresa Halbach's brother, Mike, who often served as the families spokesman and spoke at Steven Avery's sentencing just completed his 12th year as the Director of Football Technology for the Green Bay Packers.
- •Rick Ray was the juror who was dismissed from the jury and was described as an "international recording artist." Ray played for a band called AFAICS. His Facebook page is dedicated to exonerating Steven Avery and Brendon Dassey.
I 💣 atomically
There's no horrifying tale involving a mall Santa or a sibling being mean to me. I just cracked the case like a juvenile gumshoe.
- •Like every other child, I used to put out milk and cookies for Santa. When I got old enough to pour the milk myself, I loaded up Santa with about 20 ounces. Glug. Glug. My Dad chimed in, "Santa isn't that thirsty." Had it been bourbon instead of milk, I probably would have believed until I was 13 and my Dad would have had a hangover.
- •My mother would label all the gifts. Some were from my parents and others were from Santa. One Christmas, I realized that not only did my Mom and Santa share an affinity for using yellow legal paper, but they had the same handwriting.
Everyone loves 'Game of Thrones.' The real problem is that everyone 'knows' who the characters are, and what their motivations/claims to the Iron Throne are, but it's hard to remember their actual names. I asked my Dad how he keeps it all straight. . He has a good technique. Please help with more suggestions for additional characters.
- •Jon SnowEasiest one to remember. If you forget that, you can't remember your ATM code
- •Robb StarkStubbly Prince.
- •Tyrion LannisterThe Imp.
Because A-aron Rodgers is just the beginning.
- •D'Brickashaw Ferguson
- •Jaquiski Tartt
- •Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Because...fuck Greek Yogurt
- •Chicago deep dish
- •Chicago style hot dog
- •Caribbean jerk chicken