Dangerous Places in NYC
True, the city has cleaned up a lot since the '80s, but there are still some neighborhoods that are dangerous, so watch out!
- •The Dangerous CaveDon't get me wrong, Mayor Giuliani did a lot to clean up the streets, but even 20 years later, my friends and I still avoid the Dangerous Cave late at night
- •The Dangerous PoolI'm a big guy and I can really go out most places and not feel threatened, but I still don't really feel like I belong at the Dangerous Pool. And what's the gurgling? True NYC residents know to avoid this.
- •The Dangerous ArkUsually tourists will ask you if its OK to stay in NYC for cheap near the Dangerous Ark. I know it's tempting but the answer is no!
- •Fang's BordelloAn 18th-century-inspired opium den in the heart of the Downtown Danger District. I wouldn't!
- •The Beautiful CastleDon't let the name fool you-- it's the only place in New York you can still get beheaded!
- •The Dangerous QuicksandAnything below Avenue B is quicksand
- •The Mayor's HouseIt is dangerous to bother the Mayor! It is his city and if you bother him I frankly think you're stupid-- it's a chance you don't have to take, especially if you are just visiting. He works hard! It's not fair to disturb his day-to-day. He's just trying to make the city safe.
- •SoHoDangerously fun on weekends!