Food Word Fights
As of 2015, it's safe to call some of these.
- •Shrimps vs. PrawnsPrawns have won. Sorry, shrimps! Prawns belong on classy menus, shrimps come in buckets of 100.
- •Caviar vs. RoeLate comeback by Roe takes it! It's on all sushi. Caviar is what people assume rich folks steal out of whale blowholes.
- •Fried vs. Panko-EncrustedCongrats to Panko-Encrusted! Fried is taboo but if you put random crust on a food in another way you're good?
- •Ketchup vs. CatsupIt's over for you, Catsup. Hoover's out of the White House. Wave the white flag.
- •Chicken Tenders vs. Fingers vs. FriesGoodbye, fingers! Big wtf to you. Fries, the game hasn't even started yet and you've already lost.
- •General Tso's vs. Sesame ChickenChinese restaurants have gotten away with serving two identical dishes for too long.
- •Allspice vs. Old SpiceDifferent situation, but sorry, we can't have both of these.
- •Arugula vs RocketSuggested by @erichutchinson
- •Seltzer vs. Soda waterI'd order an 8$ artisanal soft drink at a hipster ice creme shoppe made with one of these. Guess which?Suggested by @evan