Least Favorite Yankees, All Time, Such as Jose Contreras
I love them all! How can I make this list?! Just kidding, at least half of them are the worst.
- 1.Kei IgawaHow can I start anywhere else? The Yankees' response to Dice-K was signing some spindly guy he may have met once. He threw no appealing pitches. The Yankees paid him to live in Trenton. Uncomfortable to think about him.
- 2.Kevin Brown...
- 3.Carl Pavano!Suggested by @gabe
- 4.Javier Vazquez...I mean...
- 5.Jeff WeaverSomehow worse than Contreras, he was brought in to hold the Marlins in extra innings in a World Series game. It went not great!
- 6.Kevin YoukilisJust such a misguided nonsense signing
- 7.Sterling HitchcockNot demonstratively worse than any of the other middle-reliever/spot starters of his era, but I genuinely super hated him as a kid, so he has to make my list.
- 8.Kyle FarnsworthPeople sold "Anybody But Farnsworth" shirts on River Ave. That's ignominious.
- 9.Jose ContrerasI paid $80 for a signed Jose Contreras rookie card. I had $70 to my name.
- 10.Andruw Jones/Jayson Nix/Eduardo NunezNone of these folks deserve their own spot on this list but Joe Girardi thinks they deserve more than 300 ABs
- 11.Sergio MitreAhh, almost forgot about the Midnight Meat Tray! He was heinous.
- 12.Pudge RodriguezHonorable Mention to the Pudge Era, which was really sad