Most Confusing Things About Having a Jewish Father and a Shiksa Mother
I am not Jewish!
- •I got the Jewish-est name in the book, and yet, I am not considered Jewish. By those who don't understand, I am considered a liar.
- •I was never Bar Mitzvah'd!Which is why I am still an adult-looking baby! I don't know how to close a cereal box.
- •I celebrated Hanukkah and Christmas!As a child, I did all 8 nights and a full Christmas. As I aged, I started shedding nights, and eventually, it became just one candle-lighting and prayer.
- •We are much closer to my mother's family than my father's!So I've lost even more from my faith as I've gotten older!
- •Also, no parts of my family are heavily religious in any way! The gentile side is more spiritual!
- •And therefore, I'm a 25-year-old with a Jewish name and almost the minimum amount of connection to that world!