The Truth About My Jewishness
- •My dad is the Jewish one. Inherited the name and the looks from his side of the family. He has twin sisters and one much younger brother.
- •My mom is Episcopalian, though not as strongly as her mother was. She's one of six.
- •I was never Bar Mitzvah'd! WEINRIB is not technically Jewish and I look forward to boggling minds ETERNALLY.
- •The holiday breakdown in the family was Christmas annually with my mom's side, and 8 full nights of Hanukkah, with presents, throughout my childhood.
- •When I turned 12 or 13, it morphed into 8 nights of candle lighting and 3 presents.
- •Around 16, I was lighting every night, but sacrificing all presents for the greater good. I still love Hanukkah, and it bums me out when I'm not home for a vacation during the entirety of it. I'm luckily if I get one night at home with pops.
- •My parents are about an hour away in the 'burbs, so while "home for the Holidays" isn't that unique, "home for Hanukkah" would be nice.
- •As I age, my most Jewish element remains comedy.
- •A Bar Mitzvah would be pretty fun.