Tv I Watched With My Parents Growing Up
Another earnest list!
- •SeinfeldOne of my earliest memories of television is being put to bed so my parents could watch the Seinfeld finale, then waking up in a semi-lucid dream state, wandering into the living room, dropping my trousers and peeing. From the age of 13 on, however, an absolute staple of dinner time viewing in syndication.
- •Rocco's Modern Life/DougEvery night. Dad loved Rocco, Mom loved Doug.
- •Yankee gamesBeginning in late 1995, when my friend's dad invited my dad to a playoff game and I couldn't go, I became attached to watching. Started a scrapbook in April 1996 that included Yankees newspaper pics and all athlete obituaries (?)
- •FrasierThere are "FRIENDS" households and there are "Frasier" households. Just watching Ross, Rachel & the Gang for the first time now.
- •My Three SonsEvery morning before school? On TV Land? Am I OK?
- •Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?Appointment television. Genuine appointment television!
- •SurvivorMe n my mom. This was our thing, starting with season two. My friends and I used to cosplay as the cast at recess; I was Alicia? Not by choice.
- •MediumWhat a great little show. I loved watching this. I loved having one last appointment watch before college and I loved that it was a weird, quirky procedural. Such a parent show. Glad I was in from episode one.
- •Good Morning, Miami!For real.