3 of my favorite maps. Past, present, future.
Actually, 4 maps, 3 categories.
- •Past: Piri Reis. Beautiful and useful. (Back in the 16th century)
- •I have based some of my own map making on his aesthetic. Unfortunately, you can't navigate from my map.
- •Present: the beauty of maps on the Internet is that they can be real time, participatory, and beautiful. Popvssoda.com
- •Present: wind map hint.fm/wind this picture is stationary, but the map moves, showing the wind, on its website.
- •Future: knowledge maps. How the weather is changing. Precipitation maps. nca2014.globalchange.govGo to regions to read about your part of the country.