These are his sayings that make us laugh, roll our eyes, silently seethe, or cringe in embarrassment
- •God dog!An expletive
- •Chicken quock quockChicken. Either live or for eating. "Get some food. There's chicken quock quock"
- •Ookie-dokie!When he's in a good mood and being agreeable
- •GuyUsed either neutrally ("You know that guy...") or negatively ("That stupid guy...")
- •DinghyAn insult ("You dinghy, you!" when you've done something dumb, said seriously and with mean eyes)
- •Scoobie-dooLess severe form of "dinghy"
- •We loved youHow he once signed my sister's birthday card 😂 We bring it up every year
- •Ice-cold H2OHow he likes his water. He'll actually ask for it in restaurants using these exact words
- •...or what have youEt cetera
- •Whom did you _________Whom. Whom. Sometimes it's "who!"
- •Aaaahh....?When he's searching for a word. Said loudly and aggressively with confused eyes, scrunched nose, and curled lips. I'm having such a tough time trying to describe this face but so much fun trying to recreate it with my brother and sister
- •JockeysUnderwear. He has some hilarious (but nasty) jockey stories
- •CommodeDon't know anyone else who refers to the toilet this way
- •Chew and swallow! What's so hard about that?!He'd shout this at us when we were little when he was forcing us to finish our food. Hard to eat when you're crying. We can joke about it now. Mostly
- •Yucky-dooGross, icky. "I don't like. It's yucky-doo!"
- •He's 68 today