for Friday the 13th: how to play Jaws
Jaws was one of the three Betamax tapes (yes, that long ago) at my grandparents. Weird but true. My cousins and I watched it repetitively. They invented a game for when we went swimming.
- •Wait for someone to dive into the poolIdeally, your six year old cousin.
- •Swim along the bottom of the poolTip: if you do this pretty regularly anyway, it's less suspicious. I mean, who doesn't want to prove they don't really need to come up for air? Perfect kid logic.
- •Stop beneath your victimOops! Totally meant surprise participant who will be super happy to have been included in this game!
- •Grab their legs and yank them underwaterYou know, like they're being attacked by the shark in Jaws and about to die!
- •Laugh uproariously and appear baffled by any lack of enthusiasm for this awesome gameTo their credit, they may have been honestly baffled. Ah, childhood.
- •When called out on this twenty years later, swear it was your brother and that you would never have done such a thing.Bonus points if you can keep a straight face.