A COLLECTION OF THINGS I DID IN LONDON THIS WEEK
I'm studying abroad this semester in Hamburg, so I took the opportunity to hop over the pond early and visit London.
- •Observed a street brawl.It was in Camden at like 6:30 in the evening. Still unclear why it broke out.
- •Saw a premier league match.Tottenham v Everton. Ended in a tie, but was still awesome being surrounded by a packed house of vulgar British fans. Seeing Tim Howard was an added perk.
- •Saw Abbey Road studios
- •Finished the Eragon book series.I realized the last one had been released, apparently in 2011. Out of a misguided sense of loyalty, I read the last one. It was not great.
- •Befriended some Edinburgh natives and drank with them at a club I didn't hate.They played almost exclusively late '90s early 2000s rock/pop-punk. Drunk me was extremely pleased.
- •Saw Book of Mormon
- •Went on the tour of the Churchill War BunkerI think I was expecting just one room? There was a whole hive of offices and rooms. Highly recommend doing this if you go.
- •Finished season one of Mystery Show podcast.Also highly recommend.
- •Ate fish and chips and bangers and mash.But indulged a lot more in the Indian food.
- •Ran through Hyde Park and on the South Bank (separate occasions).
- •Walked around a LOT and saw a bunch of really cool markets.Camden Stables Market was my overall fave, but Burrough Market was awesome for food.
- •Missed my stateside friends.I'm afraid they're having fun without me despite my explicit instructions to the contrary.