KINDS OF BASS PLAYERS
- •Stoic Head NoddersProbably the most prevalent. Usually in band of four or more, standing slightly behind the rest. Willing to endorse the beat with a tilt, but still playing it cool.
- •Metal Head BangersPlaying might not be super tight, but if you're at a metal show expecting that, you're in the wrong place. Picture hair covering eyes, and probably most of the torso, flying in all directions as the whole body convulses. 9/10 on the enthusiasm meter.
- •Awkward Eye ContactNot even willing to commit to a head nod, they post up in the back of the stage and somehow make unnerving eye contact with everyone in the audience.
- •Pop PunkEpitomized by Mark Hoppus. 8/10 for enthusiasm. Lots of jumping around. Bass is hung so low it seems like it shouldn't be physically possible to play it.
- •UprightSpecial shout out to jazz bassists who twirl their basses during rests.
- •Sheepish but Extremely TalentedLack of enthusiasm is excused by insane abilities. Usually hang out in back with head down and bass hung up near shoulders.
- •Paul McCartney