I sat down and tried to list all the ways I confuse myself. I have a feeling this list isn't exhaustive though.
- •Love being around and getting to know people (in the singular sense),but hate being around people (in the music festival sense).
- •A staunch optimist,but consistently anxious that things won't work out for me.
- •Adaptable to new and adverse surroundings,but have difficulty switching courses after I've settled on a plan.
- •Maintain romantic notions of love,but generally feel beaten down and apathetic on the subject.
- •Independent minded,but I find myself agonizing over inconsequential decisions based on my anticipation of negative perceptions.
- •Care deeply about human rights,but am currently pursuing a career as a corporate lawyer.
- •Rational and pragmatic,but delight in the absurd and believe beauty resides in the inarticulable.
- •Not combative or argumentative,but training to basically be a professional arguer.
- •Exercise more than most,but don't really look in shape.
- •Am confident enough to actively pursue those I'm interested in,but don't ever really feel worthy of their affection
- •Intensely introspective,yet unable to explain away these contradictions.