WORDS I LIKE TO MISPRONOUCE
I'd like to think this is an endearing little quirk of mine, but it probably just annoys the shit out of my friends.
- •TamootsTomatoes. Pretty sure I picked this one up from my mom.
- •PatootsPotatoes and butts. I'm pretty sure this is where I start to branch out on my own. Not that they're related in any way. They're just homonyms in my made up language.
- •Wau-ke$haWau-ke-shaw. (Phonetic spelling of Waukesha, a town in Wisconsin)
- •ChipottleChipotle. I'm pretty sure this is my least original and most infuriating mispronunciation.
- •HeresyHearsay. This one's more law school specific.
- •CukesCucumbers. Also from my mom. I don't think this one is unique to our family in the least though
- •Sparrow's gutsAsparagus
- •SoomsBoobs. This one's more of an abbreviation. My friend started referring to hers as bosoms, and that quickly got shortened to sooms.
- •Bood lightBud light
- •CashishCash. This one definitely appropriated from one of my friends. Don't remember which one though