THINGS MEN I DONT KNOW HAVE CALLED OUT TO ME ON THE STREETS OF NYC AND HOW EACH ONE MADE ME FEEL
- •"Ring-a-ling-ding" (As used his finger to mime an erection)Disgusted. Dirty. Ick
- •(Accompanied by applause) "Oh very nice ladies!"Sad. Just so sad.
- •"Yo sex bucket you okay?"What? Why did you call me that?
- •"Yo where you going? Where you going? Ok I'm coming with you" (as he followed me onto the subway)Terrified...
- •"You lost?? You want my number??"Nervous. He said it aggressively and spit near my feet as I walked by
- •"I like your strength"Told myself that strength was to just stare straight ahead and not acknowledge
- •"Can I get under there with you, baby?" (In the pouring rain, referring to my umbrella)Ugh disappointed that the rain hasn't washed away misogyny