WHAT RIDING PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IS LIKE
- •A constant standup routine.Either because of conversations of strangers you probably shouldn't be listening to, but they've apparently forgotten they're in a tiny tin can and not on the couch at home. Or because of actual stand up comedians testing new material.
- •An attack on your nose.The mix of smells is almost awe inspiring. Sweaty non-deodorant wearing humans, people again forgetting they're sharing a tin can with others and bring out their leftover fish to enjoy on a commute, fresh urine, old urine, coffee, drugs, alcohol...oh yes, it's just an ongoing assault.
- •A yoga class.More specifically, time to contemplate life. As in: what has led to my 90 total minutes a day in some version of aforementioned tin can? Also, contort yourself to fit during rush hour.
- •A hearing test.Because, if you don't hone your eavesdropping skills, your time is truly wasted.
- •A library.Well, a loud one. So not a library. More like a bar during happy hour, but there's no alcohol and all you can really do is read your book.