Best advice I've ever received
Ironically, most of these came from my father; a dog catcher, tractor-trailer mechanic, landscaper, junk peddler at the local flea markets and the greatest guy I have ever known. All at the same time...
- •Everyone can sing.I started out, singing into a spiral notebook, hand scribbled lyrics hastily finished a few hours before the first keg party I ever played. I spent the next 30 years just singing. Making my voice bend to my will. Everyone CAN sing.
- •Reality is relative.A wise friend once told me that, to place a value upon an opinion or a belief of another person that is greater or less than the opinions or beliefs of others is to truly miss the point of how beautiful our world can be.
- •Breathe...So many times, I have started over. So many nights placed my head on the table and felt my tears roll from my eyes onto the cool polished wood. So many days I thought I would never make it. So many times I felt I wasn't good enough. Then, I began to breathe. Allowing all of the stresses of life to fade into the cadence of my gentle respiration.
- •Never judge another's situation based upon your own..Nuff said.
- •Don't be afraid to be goofy.Our goofiness can heal us.