WHY THE BLUE JAYS LOST THE ALCS
Even though they made it exciting anyway
- •Refusal or inability to play smallball
- •Lack of faith in bullpen, so only some relievers were used, overexposing them
- •Too great a reliance on Sanchez to the exclusion of others
- •Brett Cecil getting hurt in previous round
- •Too much focus on David Price's upcoming contract choices and whether that would affect how he was used.
- •Refusal to pinch hit or pinch run in game-deciding situations
- •Poor hitting with runners in scoring position
- •Some questionable pitch selection by Russell Martin
- •Some questionable hitting by Russell Martin
- •Tulowitski not waking up til the latter part of the series
- •Travis getting hurt at mid season and not coming back.
- •The Royals were better: bullpen, timely hitting, been there recently.