WHY TODAY IS A SPECIAL DAY IN 2016
This is about dates... No, not that kind. And not the ones you eat, either.
- •How many distinct numbers do we need to write today's date?Answer: two. 1 and 6.
- •This is as low a number as it's going to get for the rest of our lives.I don't care how young you are. If you can read, I'm right. OK, if you are a child prodigy with your own IOS device, then fine.
- •There were a few days from 2001 to 2012 where you just needed one number, but those days are gone.E.g. November 11, 2011: 11-11-11.
- •Today is 16-1-16. Two numbers.We use day- month - year up here 🇨🇦, in case you were wondering.
- •We had another two digit wonder earlier this month.January 6: 6 - 1 - 16. This one is even better, because it is symmetrical.
- •There will be a couple more two digit dates this year. But you don't need me to tell you what they are.
- •For added fun, figure out the latest two digit date we're going to get this century. And let me know - this is getting too strenuous for me for a Saturday.