BROADWAY HEDWIGS RANKED BY ME
*the only one I did not see in person was Andrew Rannells (...watched a boot)
- 1.John Cameron MitchellNo one can compare. It's hard to describe but he just is Hedwig; mind, body, and soul. Experiencing his final Broadway show is one of the best moments of my life.
- 2.Michael C HallMy second Hedwig. I was so freaking excited to see "Dexter" playing Hedwig but once the show started I had completely forgotten any of that crap. MCHs voice and emotional depth really punched me in the heart. I only ever want Michael C Hall to be singing to me and I can't wait to see Lazarus in January. (Also, can we talk about those boyshorts...)
- 3.Neil Patrick HarrisMy first Hedwig. Sadly, I didn't really know much about Hedwig but I really wanted to see NPH in a show. So, I got myself a sweet seat and settled in only to have my idea of what theater and performance could be catapulted into the atmosphere. Hedwig and I do not share the same story but somehow we all can relate. Neil was hilarious and a wonderful showman but in retrospect I got more emotion from MCH and JCM.
- 4.Andrew RannellsUnfortunately, I did not make it to NYC for this performance. However, from what I have seen from the videos he was a real sassy pants kind of Hedwig and that is something she needs be.
- 5.Darren CrissI wasn't planning on seeing Darren but on a whim put my name in the lotto bucket and, as fate would have it, they called my name. The lotto seat was in the second row so it's hard not to love any Hedwig that close up but I think he was a little bit too robotic for my taste. He was a good looking Hedwig and in the end I was glad I got to see his version, especially for $37.
- 6.Me singing in the car*see item #8
- 7.Me singing while sick in the car*see item #8
- 8.Taye DiggsOk. So, awesome that Taye took on the task of Hedwig and really glad he introduced new people to the show....but I wasn't a fan. The only reason why I saw him was because I wanted to be at the closing show on Broadway (the curtain call was epic, so, totally worth it). Aside from always confusing the storyline, flubbing jokes and repeating them so we could laugh, and messing up parts of the songs, I just got a very fake vibe from his Hedwig and his accent was terrible. Those boyshorts tho..