A Day in the Life of Me 📅
Inspired by @ListPrompts a weekday in the life of me
- •Up at 5ish and out with my dog.
- •Train to Boston where I run a substance abuse treatment clinic.
- •Hope that all emails and voicemails are good news about people wanting treatment or making progress.
- •Fearing that the messages are about people who didn't make it.
- •Working on ways to reach people before heroin laced with fentanyl takes their lives.
- •Meet with clients and listen to their history and present circumstances and try to instill a sense of hope in them for the future or at least for the day and sometimes for the hour.
- •Meet with clinicians for supervision and help them figure out how to maintain hope for their clients' future.
- •Go to clinical and administrative meetings and try to sound like I know what I'm doing.
- •Talk with community members to educate them about addiction and hopefully get rid of stigma.
- •Hop on the train to my other office and see private practice clients who are not so different from the clients I see during the day except that they have more resources.
- •Go home, hug my dog, say my prayers and get ready for the next day.