BULLETPROOF COFFEE: AN EXPERIMENT
My sister's been riding this trend & I caved. Here's how it went:
- 1.Modifications. Mine was less bulletproof & more butter/coconut oil coffeeUsed my regular coffee (which is pretty good quality), Kerrygold, & a tsp. coconut oil
- 2.Regular blender as opposed to a fancy Bullet/VitamixHey, the instructions just said blend until frothy.
- 3.The result -- ta da!This Van Gogh mug properly sums up how I was feeling at this point. This can't possibly be good for you.
- 4.I text my sister #3. She immediately writes back, "But those are good fats!"So does that mean I can eat all the Ina Garten/Paula Deen recipes I can handle? Cuz I'm in.
- 5.Does it taste good?Yeah, it's frickin butter.
- 6.DON'T leave 1/2 the cup out for hoursIt gets super gross & separates, and then you're all "oh yeah, I was basically drinking butter."
- 7.End result: I don't buy it.I'd maybe make this on occasion for a tasty treat, but I don't think it's some healthy life-saving breakfast alternative. Just my take.