ICONIC CARRIE BRADSHAW OUTFITS
I saw a "Top Ten Carrie Bradshaw Outfits" article and begged to differ on some of the choices. My take:
- •My personal fave -- the Post-It Always Sticks Twice:Partly influenced by the fact that this is the best SATC episode ever. Her hair is fabulous, the dress color is 💯 (with that intriguing texture), & lest we forget this was the very beginning of reintroducing leggings to our wardrobes. She nailed it, & even though she'd just been dumped, I still wanted to be her. She said everything every woman has wanted to say in a break up (albeit to the wrong man) & looked great doing it.
- •Everything from Paris. Like this:
- •And this:Her mastery of tutus & tulle comes to a peak with this ensemble.
- •She was the queen of taking retro pieces and updating them for modern times, making us want to do the same. Like overalls:I still want to copy her hair from this season. Honorable mention: her use of the fanny pack, often paired with a tube top.
- •Speaking of tube tops, she rocked them like nobody's business. Even when she crossed into tacky, Carrie was a balls-to-the-wall trailblazer and that's why we loved her:Yes, those abs may have fueled her bravery but damn it, she had to've worked hard for those.
- •On that point (bravery), prancing around in hot pants is no easy feat. But she insisted:
- •If we're talking iconic, can't beat when they sent her down the runway in a pair of sparkly underwear:"I can’t wear jewelled panties and strut out in front of Frank Rich. I respect Frank Rich. Frank is a writer." I've also just decided that this image should be my new icon for G-chat.
- •She also didn't give a fuck what you think. On some days, she was dressing for her, not for what may have been appropriate:Okay, her girls seem to be on her team here, whether or not the rest of the stadium was.
- •Some days she went one step above naked. Naked and fabulous:Take that, bride.
- •And, of course, the first-real-date-with-Big/bus shoot naked dress:
- •One word: SHOES. My fave -- the pair she wore on her last date with Big before he leaves NYC & ends up in the delivery room with Miranda:The black lace dress she paired with it deserves a shout out too -- is it an outfit? Or lingerie? Who knows! Big, how could you leave?!
- •The tank dress:I dare you to wear it better.
- •The flower phase:Accessories count.
- •The bra-through-the-shirt routine:
- •She did what she wanted. And I 💜 her. Patricia Field is a genius.