Some Quick Facts About American Red Cross
- •The American Red Cross does more than respond to disastersWe also collect blood, support American military families, offer health and safety courses and work internationally.
- •Clara Barton was the founder of the American Red CrossWe're also trying to get her on #TheNew10.
- •We respond to 70,000 disasters ever year!That includes natural and man-made disasters
- •Volunteers constitute 90% of the total workforce of the American Red Cross
- •The Red Cross is the largest humanities network in the worldThe American Red across is part of a larger global Red Cross network comprised of more than 10 million volunteers working in nearly 190 countries around the world!